Tuesday 15 July 2014

Spotlight Haul




This week Spotlight, an Australian bed, bath and craft superstore, opened their first store in Malaysia. No biggie... just 50% discounts on sewing machines that's all. 

Needless to say, I shopped. The place is amazing for craft supplies especially for those into sewing. I bought two types of scuba (neoprene?) fabric that I've been seeing everywhere and hopefully will make these into something wearable. I don't know how to sew but I've been thinking about learning and getting a simple sewing machine for a while now.This sewing machine normally costs over RM800; I purchased it for RM549 :O

I'm thinking though that some things are pretty pricey maybe because they bring in aussie brands. Thank goodness for the SALE! 

Things I would get here: 
Fabric (they have a more modern prints and fabric selection than places like Kamdar)
Party supplies (they have a bigger selection of cute things like chinese takeout boxes and cheap things like paper straws for RM8/20pc)
Assorted washi tape, ribbon, twine packs 

Things I would not get here:
Certain basic art supplies (some things like Mod Podge and Stretched Canvases are cheaper at Art Friend*)
Bed and Bath supplies (mainly because I think IKEA is cheaper and I don't mind their quality)

*I saw a sign that said they would match the price of any item found to be cheaper elsewhere. Need to check if this is true for all items or just the fabric.



I have so much hope for this fabric. Please be wonderful.


Assorted ribbon packs with all the mandatory colours and patterns.


Washi tape! Really good price I think.


More ribbon and baker's twine packs. 


My 1.5 metre cut of Scuba Knit in a bright aqua blue.


Iron-on patches. Probably the most adorable and overpriced thing we bought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment