Thursday 5 December 2013

The Hunt for Milk Bottles in Malaysia


My precious. Milo Ais has never been this fancy



I FOUND IT! If you live in Malaysia and you've been looking for milk bottles then you understand why this is a big deal. After endless "where to buy milk bottles in Malaysia?" google searches ... here it is. This is the closest I've been able to come so far to a classic glass milk bottle shape. 

This bottle is perfect! It looks just like a vintage bottle, it's just the right size (250ml), and most importantly it's affordable. You can buy a more vintage look milk bottle from TYPO but it'll cost you RM10 for ONE! Assuming you have a party for 20 that's RM200 just for bottles. I cannot.

TYPO's RM10 milk bottle 
http://shop.cottonon.com/shop/product/milk-bottles-clear/ 

The bottle I found costs RM1 with a gold lid (no photos of the lid because I chose not to buy it) or 80sen without. The only catch is you have to buy at least 20 at a time. I'm still searching for a cheaper bottle, but until then, I'm ecstatic I found this. Will use them for our Christmas party and my sister's sweet sixteen!

You can purchase this milk bottle from a supplier called Polyclass. They have a store under the name Glass and Plastic Packaging Sdn Bhd in Petaling Jaya. They sell many other glass and plastic containers as well but they are generally a lot more expensive and certain things can be bought elsewhere for much cheaper. This bottle though I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

I-83-G, Jalan Teknologi 3/9, Bistari De Kota,
Kota Damansara, PJU 5,

47810 Petaling Jaya.
03-6141 6856
Google Map

They've moved! I hope they still have these in stock. The new address:

3A OMNI Kota Damansara,
Lorong Teknologi C (Off Jalan Teknologi)
Taman Sains Selangor 1, PJU 5,
Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya.

03-6143 6942 

4 comments:

  1. Gosh..... I was hunting for these bottles for ages for home parties purposes. I googled and googled but missed out the word "milk". Now I found you!!! Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ong,

      Sorry for the late reply! My comment form was having a fit until I changed browsers.

      I'm so glad to help! I hope your shopping trip was successful! It seems they have moved offices though so if you haven't gone yet, check out their website for the new address. I'll update this post asap.

      I also saw them selling it at Art Friend in small quantities but priced at RM6.50 per bottle (!!).

      Delete
  2. Hi Caryn

    Do you happened to know whether I can just drop by and buy a few instead of a carton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      The last time I was there they insisted on minimum 20pc. Mostly these manufacturers are selling it to larger companies so even 20 is considered a small amount. You may be able to negotiate to pay a higher price for less but Im not sure. I would call them first and check :)

      Delete